What is Datadog?
Datadog is a monitoring service for cloud-scale applications, it brings the data from servers, databases, tools, and services to present a combined view of an entire stack. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform.
Datadog uses Python based open-source agent forked from the original, created in 2009 by David Mytton for Server Density. It’s backend is built using a number of open and closed source technologies such as D3, Apache Cassandra, Kafka, PostgreSQL, etc.
Datadog helps the developers and operations teams to view their full infrastructure – cloud, servers, apps, services, metrics, and much more. This also includes real-time interactive dashboards that can be customized to a team’s specific needs, full-text search capabilities for metrics and events, sharing and discussion tools so teams can collaborate using the insights they surface, targeted alerts for critical issues, and API access to accommodate unique infrastructures.
Datadog also integrates with various cloud, enterprise, and developer software tools out of the box, so established team workflows will be unchanged and uninterrupted when adopting Datadog’s service.
BENEFITS OF DATADOG
With Datadog, users can:
* Connect and compare metrics and other data from the all apps and services as-well-as information coming from Amazon EC2, web servers, StatsD, SQL, and NoSQL databases.
* Streamline information analysis and other related processes such as graphing and measuring can be done in span of time.
* Configure information filtration setup to only gather the metrics.
* Set-up the system to send alerts or notifications on issues that only require the user’s immediate attention.
* Focus on the correct code configurations, significant updates, and scheduled operations.
* Extensive collaboration features enable the user and team to work hand in hand and provide comment and annotations for a productive session.
FEATURES OF DATADOG
* 80+ turn-key integrations for data aggregation.
* Clean graphs of StatsD and other integrations.
* Slice and dice graphs and alerts by tags, roles, and much more.
* Easy-to-use search for hosts, metrics, and tags.
* Alert notifications through e-mail and PagerDuty.
* Full API access.
* Overlay metrics and events across disparate sources.
* Out-of-the-box and customizable monitoring dashboards.
* Easy way to compute rates, ratios, averages, and integrals.
* Can mute all alerts with a click during upgrades and maintenance.
* Tools for team collaboration.